Shoutbox | Zoeken (tijdelijk uitgeschakeld)
Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Volgende
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:14 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Goldenstyle mag ik vragen hoe oud je bent?
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:14 

Kraak... Piep...

Gearbox schreef:
Must admit that I am disappointed by the comments, but obviously not surprised.

The distinct hatred towards the label seems to be more imprinted than anything else. Talking about a perceived sneer towards Thera when in fact we have the utmost respect for Thera. Talking about situations as they happened is not sneering at anyone, it's simply telling the story.

This documentary is intended to be an honest account of who we are as a label, as characters and as artists - that would mean pointing out the negatives too. Talking about not being concerned regarding the final production quality of upcoming artists isn't supposed to be glorifying us as a label, it's simply a fact, which some find negative and some find positive.

Talking about a lack of respect to others in the scene while spilling hateful bile towards those who do appreciate the music is a hypocrisy beyond what even I expected from the members of this forum.

I understand what you intend with the documentary. It's good that you wanted to be honest and truly show what the label is and i do agree that some here do have some undeserved hatred towards the label. There is not liking something, and going out of your way to push your negative comments on something you don't even like.

Your second part of the documentary was more as it should be. The reason this kind of response came to be is due to this:

01. The way you post this first part. Why open with:

Citaat:
"Waarom we al tijden schijt hebben aan de negatieve comments van de mensen op Hardtraxx"

That's just asking for negative responses. If you really couldn't care shit about us or what we think, why post this and this event here. The tone is set with this comment.

02. Some things that are said in the documentary. What Luminite is saying is absolute nonsense. Yes, you are a label which is innovative in it's own way. But you are in no way or shape the "pioneers of innovation in hardstyle" or "inventors of anything slightly different in tracks that mainstream artists make or play". In that sense you've just ignored about 15 years of hardstyle and innovative people.

Your most popular hardstyle artists like Malice and Rooler started out with a style that strongly resembled Spoontech. That's why Malice and Rooler had some releases there. So how innovative is it really, the state of mind on Gearbox is innovative, but the sweeping statement Luminite makes, just gives him and this documentary less credibility.

03. Context.

Like in the previous point, some things are just spitted out without explaining anything. Point 2 shows that as well, if Luminite said those things more in nuance to the whole scene, it would have been fine. If Rebelion elaborated on their relationship with Thera and Theracords, this would have been fine. And that brings you to the final point:

04. Attitude.

Yes, Gearbox is made as a "fuck you, we do what we want" attitude. Which is fine, like most people said, they can see why you would want to skip the quality part and just make stuff that works on the dance floor and that has no boundaries. But the attitude towards the rest of the scene in the first part really makes you look like some posh fucking bunch :P. We are the hardest, better than those, and we don't give a fuck what others think, we are a family and are great and no-one else is like that. Pushing yourself away from the rest of the scene in that way only creates more backlash.

Of course you have those things for you in some way, but being humble about it and acknowledging that other artists and labels do this as well would just set you in a better light.

TL;DR

Again, your philosophy on Gearbox is understandable, and people can respect that. People don't disagree with things that Rooler or Malice are saying for instance. They respect them for being honest. But when you just poke at any other person who is not into Gearbox like that, you're going to get backlash and people will lose that respect they had for your way of doing things.

So yea, the reactions here are over the top, but in some ways not unjust. If the first part of the documentary would've been like the second, the comments here would be a lot more mild and understanding.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:21 

Hardtraxx Elite

Ik vind het maar een zielig stuk tekst van Gearbox.. Waar is de "FUCK IEDEREEN HET BOEIT TOCH NIKS" instelling ineens gebleven?

Broken Balance schreef:
verhaal

Amen :thumbup:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:21 

Hardtraxx Addict

:worship:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:23 

Kraak... Piep...

DonnyD schreef:
Ik vind het maar een zielig stuk tekst van Gearbox.. Waar is de "FUCK IEDEREEN HET BOEIT TOCH NIKS" instelling ineens gebleven?

Hij heeft deels gewoon gelijk. Het gros van hier blijft janken om Gearbox terwijl het duidelijk is waar ze voor staan, en ze zijn er eerlijk over.

Als men er dan over blijft janken en drammen, dan zijn diegene meer het zielige persoontje. Je kan het er gewoon niet mee eens zijn en doorgaan met je leven.

Ik ben het ook niet helemaal eens met ze. Maar dat ze eerlijk zijn dat ze zo te werk gaan is al een stuk beter dan dat ze gaan claimen dat ze strakke producties hebben en zich nog meer afzetten.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:27 

Hardtraxx Elite

Broken Balance schreef:
Hij heeft deels gewoon gelijk. Het gros van hier blijft janken om Gearbox terwijl het duidelijk is waar ze voor staan, en ze zijn er eerlijk over.

Niet mee eens! Zij willen duidelijk een statement maken, wij op dit forum hebben daar een (uitgesproken) mening over, net als dat zij dat hebben in de docu, en dan zijn wij aan het janken als het te kritisch wordt? Kom op zeg dat is toch de wereld op z'n kop!

De meeste Hardtraxx leden staan bekend om liefhebbers van kwaliteitsmuziek, en dat is hun - zoals ze zelf aangeven - muziek niet! Ja dan vind ik daar wat van, net als dat zij ons zo kut vinden!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:34 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Why push this 'we don't give a fuck' mentality yet at the same time defend yourself? Thought you didn't care about criticism. Which brings me to the next thing, stop labeling every little bit of criticism (talking about the well-argumented criticism, not the over the top reactions) as 'distinct hatred' and 'spilling hateful bile'.

If you actually read all posts on every page, you would have found a lot of contextful criticism inbetween the few posts that just bashed your label without context. Now you're basically ignoring all the members who wrote well explained yet critical posts and throwing it all on one big heap and called it distinct hatred.

BB pretty much explained it the best.

Citaat:
This documentary is intended to be an honest account of who we are as a label, as characters and as artists - that would mean pointing out the negatives too.

Except it doesn't feel honest at all, I couldn't find any negatives or self-criticism. The first video is, whether you like it or not, overloaded with self glorification for a neutral viewer. Of course the diehard Gearbox fans will like everything you post and you're not used to the criticism you find here. But don't put us all away as haters when a big percentage of the posts here are decent, well-written (and yes, also critical) posts.

Edit: I'd like to point out that I also think the second video is way better, as some others already pointed out. It feels more neutral and if the 1st video was like the 2nd, there would be way less complaining. (like BB also said already).
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:40 

Kraak... Piep...

DonnyD schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Niet mee eens! Zij willen duidelijk een statement maken, wij op dit forum hebben daar een (uitgesproken) mening over, net als dat zij dat hebben in de docu, en dan zijn wij aan het janken als het te kritisch wordt? Kom op zeg dat is toch de wereld op z'n kop!

De meeste Hardtraxx leden staan bekend om liefhebbers van kwaliteitsmuziek, en dat is hun - zoals ze zelf aangeven - muziek niet! Ja dan vind ik daar wat van, net als dat zij ons zo kut vinden!

Je weet dat degene die deze post schreef de dude is die alles juist eerlijk en neutraal vertelt in de docu?

Dat de gast die hem post, Luminite en Rebelion een paar dingen zeggen die inderdaad zo zijn, maakt dat het niet zo voor alles. Rooler en Malice vertellen gewoon eerlijk hoe alles er in steekt. En ze geinen ook voor een groot deel.

Kwaliteitsmuziek is ook zo'n ding. Ja veel mensen houden van goed geproduceerde platen, maar dat maakt ze niet meteen goede platen, zoals eerder ook aangegeven. Dat is gewoon jouw mening. Ik luister veel liever naar smerige, matig gemasterde maar originele industrial dan dat ik naar een cleane saaie Headhunterz plaat luister. En zo staan veel mensen hier er ook in. Volgens mij was 2018 het jaar waar bijna heel Hardtraxx niks had met de geniaal geproduceerde platen van Noisecontrollers maar toch een paar platen van Rebelion, Physika en Rooler wel konden waarderen, leg dat dan eens uit.

Tuurlijk zij komen met zo'n enorme wij tegen de rest attitude binnen banjeren, maar vervolgens gaat Hardtraxx er ook lekker vol op in door mensen downies te noemen e.d. Hardtraxxers zijn op dat gebied echt niet heilig en coinneseurs van hardstyle. Wat producers willen maken en vet vinden is nog steeds smaak en mening en daar heeft Hardtraxx niks over te dicteren, wat veel soms wel denken.

De reactie van Hardtraxx is niet heel raar, maar wees dan lekker de volwassen partij, en niet het zelfde maar dan de andere kant op en richt het alleen op de mensen die het daadwerkelijk doen en niet het gehele label plus al zijn fans.

Als je gewoon goed de docu bekijkt en luistert naar wat ze echt zeggen, zeker met de context die nu achteraf is toegevoegd, is het zeker niet perfect maar echt maar een minuscuul deel van de mensen in en buiten die docu lopen daadwerkelijk zo te doen (Backfire, Luminite).

Als al heel Gearbox en zijn fans daadwerkelijk zoals dat kleine groepje waren, dan gaf ik alle reacties groot gelijk, maar dat zijn ze niet..
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:41 

Hardtraxx Elite

Alm1ghty schreef:

edit
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:44 

Hardtraxx Veteran

BB dit hele topic:
Afbeelding
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:49 

Hardtraxx Elite

Broken Balance schreef:
Je weet dat degene die deze post schreef de dude is die alles juist eerlijk en neutraal vertelt in de docu?

Ja dat weet ik! Ook al is het maar een klein deel die zich op zo'n manier presenteert, ook zij presenteren je label op een bepaalde manier.. Dus ja dan kun je van de critici commentaar verwachten!

Maar verder eens met wat je allemaal zegt hoor hier ;)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:50 

Kraak... Piep...

DonnyD schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Ja dat weet ik! Ook al is het maar een klein deel die zich op zo'n manier presenteert, ook zij presenteren je label op een bepaalde manier.. Dus ja dan kun je van de critici commentaar verwachten!

Maar verder eens met wat je allemaal zegt hoor hier ;)

Dit is zeker waar, maar zoals gezegd, veel critici richten zich vervolgens op iedereen en alles wat aan Gearbox zit en gooien er een schepje bovenop in plaats van dat ze zich alleen op dat kleine deel richten.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 15:51 

Hardtraxx Elite

Broken Balance schreef:
Dit is zeker waar, maar zoals gezegd, veel critici richten zich vervolgens op iedereen en alles wat aan Gearbox zit en gooien er een schepje bovenop in plaats van dat ze zich alleen op dat kleine deel richten.

Maar is dit niet veroorzaakt door meneer Backfire? Actie = reactie? ;)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:01 

Hardtraxx Elite

Is dit het grote Gearbox discussie-topic geworden? Geen haar op mijn hoofd dat denkt hier op dit feest te verschijnen. Ik wens ze er het beste mee. Een beetje zelfkritiek af en toe zou wel mooi zijn, dat we niet nog tien jaar naar k*tmuziek moeten luisteren op gelijk welk Hardstyle feest(je). Improve!

Een ongezouten en eerlijke mening.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:12 

Hardtraxxer

DonnyD schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Ongetwijfeld, maar mij hoor je niet klagen :corn: Iedereen heeft het recht om zijn mening te delen, daar is het een forum voor toch?!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:20 

Kraak... Piep...

Backfire schreef:
DonnyD schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Ongetwijfeld, maar mij hoor je niet klagen :corn: Iedereen heeft het recht om zijn mening te delen, daar is het een forum voor toch?!

Behalve dat "Waarom we al tijden schijt hebben aan de negatieve comments van de mensen op Hardtraxx" geen mening is.

Stukje professionaliteit zou toch gewenst zijn als je een label vertegenwoordigt?
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:28 

Hardtraxxer

Noticed a few points you made below regarding poking fun at other DJ's / labels. This is entirely the opposite way we work.

I have personally been a fan of Spoontech since their very first releases - whilst fans of spoontech and some artists were trying to create a divide and perceived war between the labels - I was out literally bowing down to Vazard as my one true god at Fatality festival 2 years ago.

You will also see regular comments from me on other labels posts like End of Line where I show my appreciation for the likes of Delete and D-Sturb who have been long term favourites of mine.

I have always had the ethos of working with others instead of against them - I cant even count the number of times I've attempted to release cross label EP's with the likes of Theracords, Spoontech etc. My appreciation for these other labels and artists is as strong as it was when I was not running a label. The fact is that this documentary is about Gearbox - so spending time discussing how much I love a different label is not relevant.

In no way at all do we consider ourselves to be better than anyone else - in fact, with the more chapters that pass, you will see that we bring attention to the fact that we are lacking in many areas - (mostly my level of professionalism - instead of working as I should be - I'm indulging myself in discussion with complete strangers who despise Gearbox)

This documentary is supposed to be entirely the opposite of a marketing piece to show how great we are - my vision of this documentary was to actually show how shit we are - and give you an honest insight into why and how we are working hard to overcome all of our obstacles so that we can be perceived as label that warrants the attention we get.

It's a shame that the point of the documentary is totally bypassed simply because the hate is so strong towards us.

As for the original post, this was a post made by the promoter of the party - not a representative of gearbox. I did not agree with the tact behind the original comment

Broken Balance schreef:
Gearbox schreef:
Story .

01. The way you post this first part. Why open with:

Citaat:
"Waarom we al tijden schijt hebben aan de negatieve comments van de mensen op Hardtraxx"

That's just asking for negative responses. If you really couldn't care shit about us or what we think, why post this and this event here. The tone is set with this comment.

03. Context.

Point 2 shows that as well, if Luminite said those things more in nuance to the whole scene, it would have been fine. If Rebelion elaborated on their relationship with Thera and Theracords, this would have been fine. And that brings you to the final point:

04. Attitude.

But the attitude towards the rest of the scene in the first part really makes you look like some posh fucking bunch :P. We are the hardest, better than those, and we don't give a fuck what others think, we are a family

But when you just poke at any other person who is not into Gearbox like that, you're going to get backlash and people will lose that respect they had for your way of doing things.

. If the first part of the documentary would've been like the second, the comments here would be a lot more mild and understanding.

I will be very surprised if this comment has the layout I was hoping for when I post it xd
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:41 

Hardtraxxer

DonnyD schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Would disagree with this point. The Docu has no clear statement. We have spent several hours obtaining interviews and opinions from our artists on various topics of interest. I have encouraged the guys to be as honest as possible, even prompting them to discuss anything they didnt like (you will often hear artists talking of how it used to be unprofessional)

I also wouldn't agree with the point also made about whining because of constructive feedback - I would say I am more perplexed at being called clown, accused of disrespecting Thera or any other label or artist in the scene, and being accused of self glorifying by telling an honest account of how the label came to be and how it is operated. Also, I find it highly disrespectful to suggest that fans of Gearbox are idiots or are influenced because of copious amounts of drugs.

I welcome constructive criticism - we can have discussions with constructive criticism. I think you'd be incorrect to suggest that all of the comments in this thread are constructive and respectful

Also, the 'we dont give a shit' attitude is concurrent with the music we release - I think it's fair to comment that we don't appreciate being called clowns and I think it's also only fair that we are able to correct anyone who may have misinterpreted any parts of the documentary?

After all, we are on a public forum to give our opinions - are we not allowed to also hold an opinion?
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:43 

Hardtraxxer

Broken Balance schreef:
Behalve dat "Waarom we al tijden schijt hebben aan de negatieve comments van de mensen op Hardtraxx" geen mening is.

Stukje professionaliteit zou toch gewenst zijn als je een label vertegenwoordigt?

Professionaliteit. Altijd leuk dat iedereen ook maar meteen aanneemt dat ik het allemaal voor het geld doe. Of dat ik er uberhaupt geld mee verdien? En wat Gearbox hierboven zegt. Wie zegt dat ik uberhaupt ook maar wat doe voor het label Gearbox. Allemaal aannames.

Ik ben ooit gestart met het geven van feesten op mijn 18e in een klein kut loodsje, maar zal jullie verder niet lastig vallen met mijn verhaal want dat boeit toch niemand wat. Mijn werk is emotie losweken bij mensen, welk feest ik dan ook geef. Positief of negatief. Mensen die hier negatief reageren gaan er toch al met een gestrekt been in. En dat vind ik helemaal prima. Je bent een liefhebber van de muziek, de sfeer en de karakters achter een label/genre/feest of je bent het niet. Over smaakt valt niet te twisten, al denken sommige van wel.

Letterlijk mijn enige doel met de comment is/was een discussie starten.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:46 

Hardtraxxer

Backfire schreef:
Broken Balance schreef:

Professionaliteit. Altijd leuk dat iedereen ook maar meteen aanneemt dat ik het allemaal voor het geld doe. Of dat ik er uberhaupt geld mee verdien? En wat Gearbox hierboven zegt. Wie zegt dat ik uberhaupt ook maar wat doe voor het label Gearbox. Allemaal aannames.

Ik ben ooit gestart met het geven van feesten op mijn 18e in een klein kut loodsje, maar zal jullie verder niet lastig vallen met mijn verhaal want dat boeit toch niemand wat. Mijn werk is emotie losweken bij mensen, welk feest ik dan ook geef. Positief of negatief. Mensen die hier negatief reageren gaan er toch al met een gestrekt been in. En dat vind ik helemaal prima. Je bent een liefhebber van de muziek, de sfeer en de karakters achter een label/genre/feest of je bent het niet. Over smaakt valt niet te twisten, al denken sommige van wel.

You are truly someone who can heat up a topic on Hardtraxx though my friend. :beer: :evil:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 16:47 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Goldenstyle schreef:
Alm1ghty schreef:

edit

heh

Backfire schreef:

xd
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 17:06 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Backfire schreef:

Wie zegt dat ik uberhaupt ook maar wat doe voor het label Gearbox. Allemaal aannames.

Citaat:

Ik zou geen idee hebben waarom mensen dat denken :huh:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 19:24 

Kraak... Piep...

Backfire schreef:
Verhaal

1. Je zegt we, en gezien er geen organisator naam staat is de link snel te leggen, blame mensen niet voor jouw gebrek aan informatie.
2. Professionaliteit is niet het zelfde als geld verdienen.
3. Mensen zouden best interesse hebben, maar als je zo binnenkomt gooi je je eigen ruiten in.
4. Als je nu verbaast bent over de negatieve comments en je doel was een discussie starten, dan moet je nu niet janken dat dit verkeerd liep. Als organisator hoop ik toch wel dat je een beetje wat tact hebt.
5. Over smaak valt inderdaad niet te twisten, en sinds het laatste jaar was de "attitude" naar Gearbox hier vrij normaal, niet meer zo erg als het eerst was.
6. Waar ik roep over hoe Hardtraxxers juist ieder verwant Gearbox onder een naam noemt, doe jij nu het zelfde met Hardtraxx.

Gearbox schreef:
Story

The thing is, i don't think you are the bad guy here. The things you say in this documentary are fine and understandable. But the thing that rubs people here the wrong way is Rebelion and others doing just that what you said you don't want with this documentary.

Rebelion talks about Theracords and Thera in specific, other artist compare themselves with mainstream artists and talk about why they think they are better. What Luminite said was also completely wrong. In that way, you do talk about other artists and other labels/styles.

I do know that it's not you talking. But if the purpose of this documentary is to be soley about Gearbox and it's artists, the editor at least should have taken those things out to make it more about Gearbox. Most statements are normal, like Gearbox wanting to be a label for dancefloor music and creative freedom and not the quality first like other labels and how the artist experience and prefer this. That's a fair comparison and it's completely about Gearbox without trying to compare yourself and argue why you are better.

And your discussion with complete strangers and leveling with us is appreciated, it's better than sitting on a high horse and acting like the better person (which is what some here are doing as well). For that i want to say, yes people here have a big prejudice against Gearbox for certain reasons (some warranted, some not). But there are a lot of people here who just judge tracks by themselves, not the label.

For example, there are tons of people here who disliked the first tracks of Rebelion and Rooler. But now a lot of people have turned around in that aspect. This is a forum filled with different opinions, and i think the thing that rubs almost everyone the wrong way is that someone claims something that's just not true, unprofessional or unjust.

I think it's the opening of the docu and the statement put in here that put people off from the getgo but the second part is much better. Being a bit cocky in the documentary about being better, coming from a label of artists where the artists put less effort in quality, is the main reason people react that way. But if i read you right, a lot of that is misperceived.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 21:14 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Phil , I can only admire that you still take time to react even if it's not on the happy note that you would like to. Thumbs up for that. :thumbsup:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 14 aug 2019 21:25 

Hardtraxx Veteran

RTM93 schreef:
Phil , I can only admire that you still take time to react even if it's not on the happy note that you would like to. Thumbs up for that. :thumbsup:

Eens. Hou wel van die openheid en niet terugdeinzen om zich te mengen in de discussie, ookal is niet alles (terecht of niet) positief wat er gezegd wordt. Beter dan sommigen die zich te goed voelen voor HT.
Vorige  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Volgende
Forumoverzicht » Algemeen » Feesten