Shoutbox | Zoeken (tijdelijk uitgeschakeld)
Vorige  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Volgende
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 22 aug 2019 15:15 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Alm1ghty schreef:
Dus ontopic anders ga ik warns uitdelen en kun je gebanned worden, ben er een beetje klaar mee.

Met je hoofd.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 22 aug 2019 15:21 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Ik heb wat losgemaakt bij 0114
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 22 aug 2019 15:24 

Hardtraxxer

Alm1ghty schreef:
En dat is (denk ik) precies wat backfire/gearbox wilt bereiken aan het zien van bijv. de inhoud van de posts en titelverandering. Maniertje om relevant te blijven. Dus als iedereen klaar is kan hier gewoon over het feest gepraat worden. Dus ontopic anders ga ik warns uitdelen en kun je gebanned worden, ben er een beetje klaar mee.

Ok ontopic! Het gaat uitverkocht :beer:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 22 aug 2019 15:27 

Kraak... Piep...

Alm1ghty schreef:
Nuracore schreef:
Te bedenken dat er nog geen enkele reactie is over het feest zelf. 7 pagina's aan pure afgunst naar elkaar en gearbox :lol:

En dat is (denk ik) precies wat backfire/gearbox wilt bereiken aan het zien van bijv. de inhoud van de posts en titelverandering. Maniertje om relevant te blijven. Dus als iedereen klaar is kan hier gewoon over het feest gepraat worden. Dus ontopic anders ga ik warns uitdelen en kun je gebanned worden, ben er een beetje klaar mee.

Eens, aandacht krijgt moet je toch op een bepaalde manier doen.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 22 aug 2019 22:40 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Alm1ghty schreef:
Ik heb wat losgemaakt bij 0114

0113 ah sahbi.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 14:35 

Hardtraxxer

On topic - has anyone actually enjoyed the documentary or is it all fairly negative impressions?
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 15:13 

Hardtraxx Veteran

I enjoyed watching it :D! Looking forward to part three of the documentary , and even more to the party itself :P
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 15:14 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Gearbox schreef:
On topic - has anyone actually enjoyed the documentary or is it all fairly negative impressions?

Be honest, me and multiple others have stated the second part was quite good. Sure, it was mostly said in the sense of 'compared to the first part', but still. It's positive :P
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 15:22 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Gearbox schreef:

Enjoyed it as well. Not everyone on hardtraxx is negative about gearbox -.- . Sure, things that Luminite said where out of place, and the thera thing was a bit iffy but I like the honesty in the documentary.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 15:28 

Hardtraxxer

Awesome :) The first two chapters are really just testing the water. We have a lot of chapters which delve much further into the guts of everything.

We really hope that you can gain a good understand of all of the characteristics of the artists, the emotions, the reasons behind the music.

In no way at all is this supposed to be some kind of Press Release to look good - in fact, for the most part Gearbox will probably look really pretty bad and unprofessional in a lot of aspects.

I'm really excited to see the reactions for what we've been working on for so long. This has already been about 8 months in the making.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 16:21 

Hardtraxx Veteran

@Gearbox

To say something positive about the 'creativity/dancefloor effect > production quality' thing, personally I really like tracks from newcomers who aren't 'there yet' quality-wise because good atmospheres and creative structures are more important than production quality. It's hard to explain, because I obviously prefer both quality and creativity at the same time.. but a lot of times, high-quality tracks by established artists feel a bit empty to me. Newcomers often 'dare' to do more creative things because the 'good quality but boring atmosphere virus' hasn't affected them yet. This makes it easy for me to put the quality expectations aside, because the creativity, weird kicks, unique samples easily make up for it. Both quality + creativity is an ideal situation, but it doesn't happen that often imo. So if I had to make the choice, I'd much rather have a completely crazy, energetic Rooler track with a bit less emphasis on production quality, than another stale, empty NC track with perfect crisp sounddesign. Because feelz & drive > quality in the end.

Of course this doesn't mean quality doesn't matter. There's still a limit imo, if something sounds like a super amateur production, then nah. But some production quality being sacrificed with more energy, nothing against that.

There are a lot of newcomers around that have a creative mind, good ideas, but just don't have perfect technical skills yet, and because of that the big labels don't want them because it sounds too amateurish. And I like the fact that Gearbox picks those kinda guys up and allows them to grow. Honestly, I think a creative person with unique ideas, good on-stage skills and good social media skills (but a bit less technical skill) has a lot more chance to build a stable career than someone who is technically gifted but introvert and not a 'real DJ' who doesn't know what the crowd wants to hear, resulting in boring tracks and not being booked a lot. So +1 to you guys for 'spotting artists'.

I do have a question about this tho, knowing you guys put less emphasis on production quality etc.. so what's the limit? I often hear the 'if you really want to make it to a big label, be prepared to spend 3-5 years perfecting your sound to be good enough to have a chance' argument. How about Gearbox? For example, are there guys on your label who got signed after only 1 year of producing because they just had good creative ideas? Or do you still use some kind of 'quality meter'? 2 years maybe? I'm just curious :)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 16:39 

Hardtraxxer

Oh we certainly have a limit. I have rejected a LOT of really cool tracks simply because the quality wasn't good enough yet.

For example, Malice, Rooler, Rebelion, The Straikerz, Fraw and many other artists sent me a lot of demos before I could take the risk to release it.

This is also one of the reasons for Revolutions. We have more freedom on revolutions to release stuff which is lower quality. As I said in the documentary, the pressure is much higher and the freedom is less now because if we release really poor quality now, other artists at the label will be related to this negative criticism and be seen in the same light.

I'd like to think that 99% of the track released at the main label now have a much better quality than when we were releasing during our massive growth period.

But, when I find artists who I believe have that ear for music that can't be taught, I will always keep a close eye on it and try to nurture it as much as possible before we take the risk of releasing.

I have actually personally paid for a lot of production lessons for guys who I truly believe in musically that don't quite have that production quality yet - I hope that in time a lot of these guys who struggle will really become insane artists in the future when they improve their quality.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 aug 2019 16:47 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Thanks for the reply :D and good to hear you definitely have standards when it comes to quality, even if it's not the 100% deciding factor.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 14:44 

Hardtraxxer

Afbeelding

:yay:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 14:51 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Sjit net te laat!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 15:19 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Niet optijd met bestellen van kaartjes. Dan maar ziek worden.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 15:29 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Inb4 grappen.

Hmm, ben al te laat.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 16:26 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Kaartje weer verkocht en winst gemaakt. Bedankt Gearbox!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 27 aug 2019 22:34 

Hardtraxxer

Grim schreef:

Lekker maat! Drink er een biertje van :) Ik ben ondertussen begonnen aan de champagne (L)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 29 aug 2019 20:31 

Hardtraxxer

Grim schreef:

Don't suppose you have any more for sale? Genuinely needing to get a tonne of extra tickets for a large party of Irish guys who booked flights and hotels but didn't buy tickets for the event :lol: :lol:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 29 aug 2019 21:06 

Hardtraxxer

Gearbox schreef:
Grim schreef:

Don't suppose you have any more for sale? Genuinely needing to get a tonne of extra tickets for a large party of Irish guys who booked flights and hotels but didn't buy tickets for the event :lol: :lol:

Why would you ever book flight and hotel before buying tickets?
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 29 aug 2019 22:27 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Great that the gearbox crew managed to sell out. It will be an epic label night for sure!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 aug 2019 10:36 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Gearbox schreef:
Grim schreef:

Sorry mate, only had one for myself! Good luck getting those tickets!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 aug 2019 10:38 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Grim schreef:
Gearbox schreef:
Grim schreef:

Sorry mate, only had one for myself! Good luck getting those tickets!

Pffffffffff :lol:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 aug 2019 22:42 

Hardtraxxer

Oh yes! Nog 1 dag, 13 uur en 18 minuten dan kunnen we tickets via Appic winnen
Vorige  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Volgende
Forumoverzicht » Algemeen » Feesten