Shoutbox | Zoeken (tijdelijk uitgeschakeld)
1, 2  Volgende
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 18:22 

Hardtraxx Veteran

DJ Hidden - Enclosed (ADN173)

Label: Ad Noiseam
WEB release: 28/10/2013

Afbeelding

Citaat:
DJ Hidden's third full length album is such a rich and encompassing experience that a few words can't do justice to its diversity and sharpness. A seamless combination of all of Noel Wessels's projects and tastes, it takes its listeners from the calmest, most evocative ambiences to the fastest, most pounding dancefloor highs. Nobody writes a track like DJ Hidden does, and we highly doubt that anybody is going to catch up with a musician whose blasts outside his expected boundaries with such commanding force, as “Enclosed” is a lot more than a regular album.

Enclose:
1. to surround, close in on all sides.
2. to add something to the contents of a package.
Examples: “a listener enclosed by a massive album”, “DJ Hidden enclosed many new elements in his work.

Third albums are often the most complicated to conceive, all the more if the first two are considered as genre-defining, ageless records. Six years and exactly a hundred catalog numbers after “The Later After”, four years after “The Words Below”, DJ Hidden reveals here a tour-de-force which manages to top its predecessors in scope, diversity and depth. Needless to say, this is something that many would have though impossible, considering how highly regarding they are.

There would have been no point for DJ Hidden to repeat himself. Just like the recent album by his Outside Agency project (“The Dogs Are Listening”, 2012) was everything but a longer version of this act's EPs, “Enclosed” is not a regular DJ Hidden release. Organized as a long seamless journey, it combines very short passages with longer tracks, drum'n'bass beats with cinematic atmospheres, slow introversion with extremely fast breaks.

In a way, “Enclosed” is not a DJ Hidden album, but a Noel Wessels one: parts of it come from this project's drum'n'bass focus (“Pareidolic”), parts sound close to his Semiomime album (“Enclosed”), parts carry the furious drive of The Outside Agency (“Surface Understanding”), and there are even traces of his lesser known Trilt endeavours here and there (“The Wanderer”). This is all summarized and, yes, “enclosed” in the monumental 26 minutes longer closing “Reversed Psychology” track.

One is left with extremely little to say after having listened to “Enclosed”. The production quality is orders of magnitude higher than what is usually done in this scene. The musical depth and personality is blinding. The diversity is obvious. And of course, there are enough secrets and hidden games in this album to keep the most die-hard fans busy for days.

Full of surprises and the product of an awe-inspiring experience, DJ Hidden's third album is one which will clearly stay as a milestone and which we expect will spawn many cloning attempts. For the moment, though, we can only invite you to crawl into its metal casing and let yourself be “enclosed”.

Tracks:
CD 1:
1. Seance I
2. Seance II
3. The Wanderer
4. Beacon I
5. Beacon II
6. Solipsism
7. Fading
8. Traces I
9. Traces II
10. Tritone
11. Pareidolic
12. Clockwise I
13. Clockwise II
14. Uncomfortable Silence I
15. Uncomfortable Silence II
16. Distant Drums
17. Cotard I
18. Cotard II
19. Onyo
20. Legend Has It
21. Surface Understanding
22. Enclosed

CD 2:
23. Reversed Psychology

Samples + Bron:
Ad Noiseam
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 18:29 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Legend Has It heeft de hardste snare ooit.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 18:34 

Hardtraxx Elite

100% must have.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 20:23 

Hardtraxx Elite

Ik ben benieuwd hoeveel full-lengte tracks er op komen, die korte tracks kan mij niet zo bekoren.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 20:27 

Hardtraxx Veteran

dave schreef:
Ik ben benieuwd hoeveel full-lengte tracks er op komen, die korte tracks kan mij niet zo bekoren.

Zijn kortere previews ;) staat er ook bij he
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 20:38 

Hardtraxx Elite

Steffnov schreef:
dave schreef:

Ja dat snap ik, maar het lijkt me sterk dat er 22 full-lengte op komen. Zijn eerste album op Ad-Noiseam had dat ook die kortere tracks.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 23 sep 2013 22:05 

Hardtraxx Addict

Klinkt weer lekker moeilijk, ben benieuwd naar die CD2 track. Wordt sowieso gekocht.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 09:00 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Surface Understanding :worship: :worship:
Die kickrolls verdomme :drool:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 09:59 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Andromeda schreef:
100% must have.

Dit gaat hoe dan ook een parel worden die ik zeker in mn collectie moet hebben!!
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 16:29 

Nooit mijn ding geweest op wat hardcore nummers van hem na. Na de samples gehoord te hebben wordt dit weer bevestigd.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 18:16 

Hardtraxx Veteran

dave schreef:
Steffnov schreef:
dave schreef:

Ja dat snap ik, maar het lijkt me sterk dat er 22 full-lengte op komen. Zijn eerste album op Ad-Noiseam had dat ook die kortere tracks.

Speciaal voor jou:
Citaat:
I've also read somewhere on a forum that someone wondered about the lengths of the tracks. Essentially, all tracks with a unique name are "full-lengths". The reason I split up some of the tracks is to make the release a little more accessible to DJs who would like to spin it out. So... some tracks have a part 1 that isn't 4/4 but then start with a more mixable part when they switch to part 2. Also, some tracks have a second part that simply is very different. I noticed that a lot of people enjoy the "end-parts" of the tracks I do on vinyl so I figured I'd have these featured quite extensively on the album. All in all, there are 16 full-length tracks on there. They aren't all drum n bass though, as you can hear from the previews - but there's a good amount of hard stuff on there too. 8)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 18:30 

Kraak... Piep...

Nerazzurro93 schreef:
Nooit mijn ding geweest op wat hardcore nummers van hem na. Na de samples gehoord te hebben wordt dit weer bevestigd.

Dit
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 19:53 

Hardtraxx Elite

Speciaal voor jou:
[quote]I've also read somewhere on a forum that someone wondered about the lengths of the tracks. Essentially, all tracks with a unique name are "full-lengths". The reason I split up some of the tracks is to make the release a little more accessible to DJs who would like to spin it out. So... some tracks have a part 1 that isn't 4/4 but then start with a more mixable part when they switch to part 2. Also, some tracks have a second part that simply is very different. I noticed that a lot of people enjoy the "end-parts" of the tracks I do on vinyl so I figured I'd have these featured quite extensively on the album. All in all, there are 16 full-length tracks on there. They aren't all drum n bass though, as you can hear from the previews - but there's a good amount of hard stuff on there too. 8)

16 orgasmes van de 22...lekker hoor, Waar heb je die info vandaan? Ik ben toch het meest benieuwd naar de tracks met
de '' drive of The Outside Agency'' alhoewel de DnB tracks ook heerlijk kunnen wezen.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 24 sep 2013 20:06 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Distant Drums is tot nu toe toch echt mn favoriet :loving:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 25 sep 2013 01:50 

Hardtraxx Veteran

dave schreef:
Speciaal voor jou:
Citaat:
I've also read somewhere on a forum that someone wondered about the lengths of the tracks. Essentially, all tracks with a unique name are "full-lengths". The reason I split up some of the tracks is to make the release a little more accessible to DJs who would like to spin it out. So... some tracks have a part 1 that isn't 4/4 but then start with a more mixable part when they switch to part 2. Also, some tracks have a second part that simply is very different. I noticed that a lot of people enjoy the "end-parts" of the tracks I do on vinyl so I figured I'd have these featured quite extensively on the album. All in all, there are 16 full-length tracks on there. They aren't all drum n bass though, as you can hear from the previews - but there's a good amount of hard stuff on there too. 8)

16 orgasmes van de 22...lekker hoor, Waar heb je die info vandaan? Ik ben toch het meest benieuwd naar de tracks met
de '' drive of The Outside Agency'' alhoewel de DnB tracks ook heerlijk kunnen wezen.

Ghmusic.info
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 09 okt 2013 16:23 

Hardtraxx Addict

Podcast deel 1/6. Oud en nieuw.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 09 okt 2013 16:31 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Staat ook in livesets ;)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 09 okt 2013 16:36 

Hardtraxx Addict

Ah inderdaad, niet naar gekeken :$
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 12 okt 2013 11:27 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Voor mij de beste producer aller tijden, met de twee beste albums allertijden op zijn naam. Kijk hier dus héél erg naar uit, maar ik ga lekker geen previews luisteren.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 28 okt 2013 14:26 

Hardtraxxer

Afbeelding
:cool:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 28 okt 2013 16:46 

Hardtraxx Addict

Binnen!

Afbeelding

En nu even aandachtig luisteren.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 okt 2013 18:26 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Dit is echt zo moeilijk gaaf he, heerlijke die diversiteit en die ambient achtige tracks met dat duistere sfeertje. Ik vind dit echt helemaal geweldig :drool:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 okt 2013 18:30 

Aan het typen...

Ik vind het album best tegenvallen eerlijk gezegd, had juist veel meer diversiteit verwacht en ik mis ook echte uitschieters naar boven. Het gros van het album zit tussen de 7 en de 8, op zich prima, maar niet wat ik verwacht van iemand als DJ Hidden.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 okt 2013 19:47 

Hardtraxx Addict

Ziek spul :bomb:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 30 okt 2013 21:28 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Lyst schreef:
Ik vind het album best tegenvallen eerlijk gezegd, had juist veel meer diversiteit verwacht en ik mis ook echte uitschieters naar boven. Het gros van het album zit tussen de 7 en de 8, op zich prima, maar niet wat ik verwacht van iemand als DJ Hidden.

Hmm, ik snap op zich wel wat je bedoelt :) Maar verder ben ik daar niet zo heel gevoelig voor, daarom blijf ik dit echt geweldig vinden :P
1, 2  Volgende
Forumoverzicht » Releases » Hardcore