Shoutbox | Zoeken (tijdelijk uitgeschakeld)
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 02 okt 2009 11:38 

Donateur

intervieuw met duo Thilo & Evanti over hun ervaringen in de hardstylescene en hun verleden,
heden en toekomst. Again in English.

Since 2001 Thilo & Evanti are responsible for many smashing EP’s on the StraightOn Black label.
This label, created by Luna, Pila and The Scientist had major influences on the perception of hardstyle
worldwide. They got the chance to become the main producers for StraightOn Black.
Their typical style and sound really landed, and the label became one of the pillars of StraightOn Recordings.
Later, Thilo & Evanti were promoted to the function of A&R management.

Influenced by different styles and sounds, this extraordinary couple has set new boundaries in hardstyle.
With a new, fresh sound they created new impulses which impressed both critics and crowd!
Their innovative mixture of techno is unique.
The fascinating rhythms and beats cannot easily be categorized in a single genre.
Some call it Black, some cannot think of a name for it, but most people call it amazing and fantastic!
The way new releases are produced in the studio is the main secret of the successful couple.
Every time they succeed in translating dreams into music.
Evanti’s passion is the more deep and dark edged music, where Thilo prefers the more pounding beats.

The stunning releases Thilo & Evanti produced boosted their career to a higher level.
The two friends produced well-known and mind-blowing releases like System Addict, Caution,
Resistance and many more. Thilo & Evanti grew closer together during the hard times they experienced
in 2006 and 2007. Nowadays they run a successful label and have produced a list of brilliant releases.
But more important than business is the close friendship between Thilo & Evanti; that is likely to be
the secret of their success these days!

Afbeelding

Hey Thilo and Vincent, many thanks for doing this interview! How are you guys doing at the moment?

T: I’m pretty fine at the moment, but really busy!

E: I‘m very busy at the moment with my new home and our new studio which is being built at the moment.

After a resting period, it seems you’re very busy once again in the studio and even behind the decks as well.
Are you picking up where you left off?

T&E: Well, we didn’t leave the scene because Evanti was still producing but I took a resting period
because I had a really rough time and that also infected Evanti,
so that’s why there haven’t been so many releases from us.

So, how did it all start for you? What inspired you to mesh hardstyle with techno,
thus creating the sound StraightOn Black is particularly known for?

T&E: Because when we met my music was hardstyle with a big love for the old BXR and Marco V sound.
Evanti’s music was techno at that moment with some love for the BXR and Marco V sound and
when you put those two together you get the unique StraightOn Black/Thilo&Evanti sound!

How did you guys meet? What made you decide to hook up and start producing together?

T: I was working @ Midtown Records in The Hague and Evanti was also working in that neighborhood
and bought his records @ my place. That’s how we hooked up!:D

What artists have influenced you when it comes to your productions?
Are there any producers or tracks in particular where you get your inspiration from?

T: Marco V, Mauro Picotto and DJ Isaac.

E: Mauro Picotto, Umek and Scot Project.

What did you use to listen to when you were growing up?

T: Klubbheads, DJ Jose….. club stuff and also to Phil Collins, Lionel Richie and Synthesizer Greatest.

E: Synthesizer music and the upcoming house scene.

How did you stumble upon hardstyle?

T: I was working in a music store….

E: Thilo showed me what real hardstyle was.

What do you do outside of the music scene, in daily life? What else keeps you busy?

T: I’m a manager for the brand Nickelson, going to the gym and my friends!

E: I’m an account manager and wife & kid.

Hardstyle has definitely changed a lot over the past few years.
How do you feel about the recent developments in the genre, is there anything special you like and/or dislike?

T: I don’t want to talk about it….. hahaha…… no I don’t like the happy sounds these days!

E: I don’t like that the pitch has to go up and down on the kicks and the melodies are too happy,
it’s fucked up! But we have respect for the producers who make those tracks but it’s not our thing!

What do you think of the Dutch party scene, compared to the other countries you’ve played in?
Are there any favorite places/clubs you like to perform at?

T: It’s the biggest one in the world but the Dutch are spoiled,
it’s a nice scene but if you compare it to Australia, Poland and the UK…..
the people go MAD in those countries!

E: We’re so far ahead with all things regarding the scene, that we’re pretty spoiled.
If you’re playing in a foreign country the people will just crazy for the fact that you’re there.
Australia, UK, Poland and Scotland. Atmosphere is just fantastic

Are you happy with your style’s current exposure, seeing as it’s still largely underground?
Do you have any plans to introduce more people to your style?

T: It still is a little bit underground but no one else produces the music
we do and we are getting so many good responses and the big names are playing our stuff like:
Mark EG, Tommy Pulse, Fausto, Organ Donors, Brennan Heart, Scot Project, Yoji Biomehanika,
Kamui and many many more!

E: Well I believe that our style is rapidly spreading for the years to come.
We can see that a lot of young talented upcoming producers are combining different styles of music
in this type of genre, and that’s a good thing.

Can you give us some insight in how you’re producing your tracks?
What hardware and/or software do you use?

T&E: It’s like asking for the recipe for Coca Cola…. so…. we can only tell we that we use Q-base SX3!

You both seem to be connected to Tegno.nl with your Steve Mace & Evan Forrest aliases.
Could you tell us a bit about these projects and your plans?

T: I also play techno under the name Steve Mace but that’s more for fun!

E: I played at Teqnology and Defqon.1 2009 (Green area) and I also did some gigs together
with Steve Mace in clubs like Choas Theory etc.

Can you share any of your future release plans and upcoming tracks with your fans?
Any new projects or co-operations we can expect from you?

T&E: Mark EG meets Thilo&Evanti, Fausto meets Thilo&Evanti, remix project with Kamui,
Tommy Pulse meets Thilo&Evanti and Organ donors rmx to name a few…..and of course at least ten new Thilo&Evanti tracks!

Thanks again for your time guys! Are there any shout outs you’d like to make?

T&E: TIME HAS COME FOR REVOLUTION!!!!

Links

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Thilo+&+Evanti

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Thilo

http://www.discogs.com/artist/Evanti

Facebook: Thilo

Facebook: Evanti

http://www.elusiveagency.com/

Bron: Globalhardstyle.com
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 02 okt 2009 20:10 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Thilo & Evanti! Aparte stijl, maar wel vet op sich.
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 03 okt 2009 13:56 

Hardtraxxer

Ben toch aardig bekend in de scene, maar dit zijn 2 onbekenden voor mij..
Ben eigenlijk wel benieuwd naar de stijl van dit duo :cool:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 03 okt 2009 16:29 

Hardtraxxer

hou er zelf helemaal niet van.. vond ze vroeger al niks
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 04 okt 2009 14:31 

Hardtraxx Veteran

Ik ken deze mannen eigenlijk nog niet zo goed :huh:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 04 okt 2009 14:43 

Hardtraxxer

LNDRTJN schreef:
Ben toch aardig bekend in de scene, maar dit zijn 2 onbekenden voor mij..
Ben eigenlijk wel benieuwd naar de stijl van dit duo :cool:

Zo bekend ben je dan niet. Of bedoel met 'scene' Headhunterz en zijn kornuiten :yawn:
Ongelezen bericht Geplaatst op 04 okt 2009 20:19 

Hardtraxx Addict

anders spellen ze cubase ff verkeerd ofzo :P Q base sx3 dat roept vast weer vragen op bij de mensen die de software niet kennen :P
Forumoverzicht » Algemeen » Algemeen